- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university, with a minimum of 18 units of interdisciplinary liberal arts coursework, spanning both social and biological sciences
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (based on a 4.0 grading scale)
- Strong academic promise to perform successfully at the graduate level
- Experience in providing service to people preferred
- Potential for professional competence, strong interest and motivation, and commitment to social work values such as the appreciation for cultural and ethnic diversity; belief in the dignity and freedom of every individual; promotion of social justice and equal access to resources; and institutional responsiveness to human needs and social change
- Personal qualifications such as sensitivity and responsiveness in relationships, capacity for self-awareness, concern for the needs of others, ability for abstract reasoning, conceptual thinking and strong communication skills.
MSW@USC advanced standing applicants please note additional eligibility requirements.
- Master of Social Work