Tuition & Fees
Calculating Your Costs
In order to determine your cost for the year, please reference the 2013-2014 unit charges and multiply the number of units you anticipate enrolling in by the per unit rate, unless you are enrolled in 15-18 units for which you are charged the flat rate. With this, you must add the applicable mandatory fees to your tuition cost to determine your actual fee bill for the year.
There is a detailed breakdown of tuition and fees for the first year of the program below. For a comprehensive breakdown of tuition, fees and financial aid options for the entire program please, review the Estimated Tuition & Financial Aid Information Sheet.
2013-2014 Unit Charges
$1,536 is the per unit rate for students enrolled in 1-14 units.
$22,801 is the flat rate for students enrolled in 15-18 units.
2013-2014 Mandatory Fee Charges
|Graduate Orientation||$35 (one-time charge; first-year students)||N/A|
|Social Work Lab||$225 (one-time charge; first-year students)||N/A|
|Student Health Service||$262||$262|
|Norman Topping Student Aid Fund||$8||$8|
|Student Health Insurance||$605 (waived with proof of health insurance)||$914 (waived with proof of health insurance)|
|Student Services Fee||$12.50||$12.50|
Note: Mandatory fees are estimated at $2,419 for the 2013-2014 academic year. All units and fees are charged per semester. Mandatory fees do not include books or housing.
|2-Year / Full-Time||$22,689||$24,035||$46,724|
|3- or 4- Year / Part-Time||$10,401||$10,450||$20,851|
Note: The totals above include tuition and mandatory fees.
- Your cost of attendance will be determined by the USC Financial Aid Office and will reflect tuition, all mandatory fees and, in some cases, certain allowances for living expenses.
- You must apply for federal loans and work study through the USC Financial Aid Office. You must apply for School of Social Work scholarships and stipends through the USC School of Social Work. School of Social Work scholarships and stipends will be determined separately from the USC FAO and may not be included on your initial financial aid award letter from the USC FAO.
- Students selected for a CalSWEC stipend are ineligible for a School of Social Work scholarship or work study.
- Federal Perkins Loan and work study awards are made based upon the on-time submission of your financial aid application to the USC FAO, in addition to your demonstrated need as indicated on your FAFSA. Tuition and fees are charged per semester; all aid is disbursed in halves per semester.
- All financial aid amounts are subject to change.
- Master of Social Work