We love our patients. We think you will, too!
Make the most of your experience and education to help patients live better lives. As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in an outpatient clinic you will be responsible for providing support and information to patients and their families to maximize the psychosocial functioning and adjustment of our patients in end stage renal disease. This can include financial programs, medication assistance programs, vocational rehabilitation programs, transportation resources, mental health and chemical dependency resources, and home health/homemaking agencies. If you love patient-centered health care with real relationships inside a company that encourages fun--on and off the clock--then DaVita is the place for you!
This new opportunity is located in Cortez, CO. This is an exceptional opportunity to gain valuable experience in a clinical setting!!
Here are a just a few of the things you can expect to do when you join our Village as a Social Worker.
• Conduct initial patient psychosocial assessment within 30 days of admission, with a re-assessment to be conducted 90 day after the initial assessment. Prepare appropriate documentation
• Develop treatment and psychosocial goals for initial plan of care and update the plan of care as outlined by the clinics’ governing body for stable and unstable patients.
• Complete and document psychosocial evaluations quarterly and annually; document and monitor ongoing psychosocial issues and patient goals
• Complete a quality of life measure as determined by DaVita standards for each patient.
• Notify multidisciplinary team of patient psychosocial issues affecting treatment
• Analyze and provide information and facilitate referrals to community, private, state and federal agencies based on psychosocial needs (e.g. financial programs, medication assistance programs, Vocational Rehabilitation Programs, transportation resources, mental health and chemical dependency resources and home health/homemaking agencies)
• Counsel new and current patients and families on treatment options and modalities (e.g. transplantation, PD); provide support, information and assistance in treatment planning; provide assistance to patient and family in adjusting to dialysis and altered lifestyle, and provide resource information
• Advocate on behalf of patients and families in compliance with DaVita’s ethical standards of practice
• Provide crisis intervention expertise as necessary
• Respond to patient concerns and provide assistance regarding health insurance, respond to patient questions regarding Medicare and Medicaid, and assist patients in answering billing questions
• And much, much more!
Our Shining Star with DaVita should have:
• Masters Degree in Social Work required with a specialization in clinical practice from a school of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
• State LMSW or LCSW Licensure is required for this role.
• Minimum of two years work experience, preferably in a medical related field.
• Willing to learn, train, and work with our highly skilled team in the Dialysis arena.
Close: Aug 31, 2012
- Master of Social Work