Federal Work Study

Each year, there are very limited positions available for Federal Work Study. When spots available and eligibility are determined, the financial aid packages of eligible students will be updated.

In order to be considered for Federal Work Study, you must make sure you submit your FAFSA and the online Enrollment and Housing Form to the USC Financial Aid office by their respective deadlines. If Federal Work-Study eligibility is listed on your financial aid package, you can apply for an approved federal work-study job on the USC campus. Please visit the USC Career Center for all student job openings.

Social work students can also earn work-study through their USC Financial Aid-approved field internship. Non-profit agencies must submit the USC Federal Work-Study Off-Campus Contract and be approved by USC Financial Aid in order for students to receive their funds through their internship sites.

Students must also submit all necessary forms and provide the required identification(s) for employment as a student by Friday, September 8, 2017, regardless of whether their agency has submitted the FWS Off-Campus contract. Failure to do so will result in the student no longer eligible to receive any work-study funds through the School.

Social work students must demonstrate financial need, meet all application deadlines, be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen and enroll in at least eight units for credit each semester to be eligible. Please note that USC staff employees are not eligible to receive federal work study.

For more general information on federal work-study programs, please visit the USC Financial Aid Office website.