Our flagship Master of Social Work (MSW) program provides advanced preparation for a career serving those in need. We train social workers who will provide life-enhancing services, just as we develop leaders who will influence policy to create a more just and humane world. Whatever role they choose, our graduates are prepared to anticipate and address the issues that matter most… in our homes, in our communities and in our world.
A Program With You in Mind
- Two-year, three-year or four-year program options, as well as advanced standing, enable you to finish on your timetable.
- An individualized study plan and one-on-one guidance from a faculty advisor help you map your career goals.
- A choice of three departments of study in Children, Youth and Families; Adults and Healthy Aging; and Community, Organization, and Business Innovation; and eight dual-degree programs helps you prepare for the kind of job you want.
- Field internships match your interests, educational needs and practice goals.
- International study opportunities offer you an up-close look at social work in other regions of the world.
- Select classes in the summer or on weekends accommodate your busy schedule.
- Locations in downtown Los Angeles, Irvine, West L.A., San Diego – and now online – are convenient wherever you live and work.
- Career and professional development services help you prepare for a job search or licensure and brush up on practice skills.
- Master of Social Work