The University of Southern California consistently ranks among the nation's top accredited social work graduate programs in U.S. News & World Report. Our Master of Social Work program is recognized as one of the best for preparing clinical social workers, with alumni equally successful in policy practice, advocacy and program administration.
Now the MSW degree is available nationally through our Virtual Academic Center as the Online MSW, which offers web-based learning and traditional field internships in students’ local communities.
- Four-semester, six-semester or eight-semester program options, as well as advanced standing, enable you to finish on your timetable.
- A choice of three departments of study and eight dual-degree programs will help you prepare for the kind of job you want:
- Popular classes explore issues, populations and ideas important to you, such as:
- social change
- juvenile justice
- mental health
- school social work and leadership.
- Field internships match your interests, educational needs and practice goals.
- International study opportunities offer you an up-close look at social work in other regions of the world.
- Select classes in the summer or on weekends accommodate your busy schedule.
- Locations in downtown Los Angeles and online are convenient wherever you live and work.
- Career and professional development services help you prepare for a job search or licensure and brush up on practice skills.