You are hereHome › Career and Professional...
Career and Professional Development
The Office of Professional Development was created with you—our students and alumni—in mind. We’re here to provide the tools you need to attain your career goals—whether that’s help in securing a position after graduation or enhancing your skills on the job. You’ll have full access to our career resources to help you define your objectives and create a plan for achieving them. From advice on networking and resumes to continuing education and licensure, we provide practical, hands-on support and personalized consultations. Our career workshops, webinars—and very successful alumni mentoring program—are highly anticipated and well attended. Job prospects for social workers are growing faster than the average, says the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Let us ensure you have the competitive edge.
Practical Career Skills
- Assess your strengths, skills and accomplishments
- Polish your cover letters and resumes
- Learn powerful interviewing and job search strategies
- Improve your networking skills and confidence
- Request a career appointment
- Attend individualized coaching sessions
- Incorporate social media in a job search
- Search job postings
- Find out about helpful workshops and career events on and off campus
- Sign up for continuing education classes to prepare for licensure
- Master of Social Work