The goal of the school's wellness program is to provide free wellness-related activities and information to the faculty and staff of the School of Social Work. Some current projects include walking groups, yoga and pilates group classes, a newsletter, a participation incentive program, healthy snack baskets and potlucks, USC Lyon Recreation Center discounts and much more.;
Starts March 1st, 2015
We're Time Traveling! - Come on Aboard!
USC School of Social Work is Celebrating Social Work Month
108 years after USC opened the first School of Social Work west of the Mississippi, the bus departs for 31 days of Wellness Time Travel! So Sign up today to the Wellness email list to see where we land for our first time travel destination! and submit all your activities to be elegible for great prizes.
Each logged activity earns a raffle ticket -- for weekly drawings and 5 super grand prizes: Edge Fitness Virtual 6-week Personal Training Program!
Participation Incentive Program
For each school-sponsored or self-directed wellness activity you participate in, you can submit one entry to the wellness raffle. One winner is randomly selected on 1st and 16th. To participate in the raffle enter your name, email and wellness activity using our online Wellness Raffle form.
View photos from some of our recent wellness activities.
Wellness email list and Bits and Bytes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Join our wellness email list to receive program announcements and wellness events. Visit the USC Mailing Lists website to subscribe or unsubscribe. Read about wellness tips, stories and wellness events, programs and wellness-related information both on and off campus in the school's Bits and Bytes internal newsletter.
Yoga Group Classes
Classes are currently held at City Center. Please subscribe to the Wellness email list for dates and times.
Healthy Snack Baskets
Healthy snack options are available at UPC and City Center. There are baskets in MRF 201, SWC 217 and T300 and 14th floor reception area at City Center. The baskets provide a variety of fresh whole fruit. These baskets are replenished the first Monday of each month. Learn more about why fruit is vital to a healthy diet.
Wellness you can Touch
Some of our outreach includes wellness related promotional items such as squeezable stress balls, computer cleaning pads, writing pens, and pedometers. Related Creative Commons image attribution.
USC Lyon Recreation Center Discounts
Discount only valid for the early part of the fall semester, up to September 30
Please email to receive the current Social Work Wellness discount code.
The School of Social Work has negotiated a 20% discount for UPC Lyon Recreation Center and HSC Fitness Center basic memberships and related services for all School of Social Work staff and faculty. This discount is in addition to the 40% discount that all USC faculty and staff already receive.
Special Social Work Discount Rates for 2014 - 2015:
- $320 - Platinum Plus: Membership, Full-sized Locker, Towel Service, USC Workout classes, and 10 comp day guest passes for the year
- $280 - Platinum: Membership, Full-sized Locker, Towel Service, and 10 comp day guest passes for the year
- $280 - Gold Plus: Membership, Half-sized Locker, Towel Service, USC Workout classes, and 5 comp day guest passes for the year
- $240 - Gold: Membership, Half-sized Locker, Towel Service, and 5 comp day guest passes for the year
- $160 - Year: Membership only
The code will be for a 20% discount off major items (membership/packages, lockers, and USC Workout classes) and can only be applied once per person. This code will also only be valid through the last day of September. The code is best for yearlong purchases (year membership and packages) as that will provide the largest discount and cover them for an entire year. If anyone chooses to apply it only for the semester, then they will have to pay full price to renew for the spring or summer semesters.
To Redem Discount Online:
- First receive this discounted membership, email for the current Social Work Wellness discount code.
- Visit the Recsports store and click the top option to log into the system as a staff/faculty user.
- Select membership or membership packages, etc. to view and add the necessary product to your cart and click view cart.
- Enter the current Wellness code (you received in your email) in the coupon code box on the bottom left and apply the code.
- This should discount your purchase by 20%. Make sure the correct discounted total is displayed.
- Click checkout and pay the balance by credit card.
- Continue through the process until you get a confirmation page, which will also be emailed to you.
To Redem Discount at the Lyon Center:
- To receive this discounted membership, email for the current Social Work Wellness discount code.
Then apply in person at the Lyon Center registration desk and show your USC ID and tell them the current wellness discount code.
Please be aware use the code only once per person per year, either online or in person, so purchasing lockers and memberships together and an annual membership vs just a semester would be wise.
Wellness Daily and Weekly Challenges Archive
USC Healthy Trojans
Programs and resources related to physical wellness, emotional and social well-being, spirituality.
USC Center for Work and Family Life
Helping faculty, staff and their families find a healthy balance between work and personal life.
Wellness at Work Infographic
Informative facts and tips on wellness in the workplace created by the Public Health Institute and the American Public Health Association.
Music and Events
Music at Noon
Free weekly recital series at noon Wednesdays at the United University Church. Produced by the USC Thornton School of Music.
What Matters to Me & Why
Free monthly lecture series featuring USC staff and faculty.
- Festivals, celebrations, and events taking place throughout Los Angeles - Department of Cultural Affairs.
Wellness around the Web
Why Fostering a Culture of Companionate Love in the Workplace Matters
- Master of Social Work